Yup, another morning of snow…
Need a little warming up on these cold winter mornings?
Try a bowl of steel cut oats!
- Cranberry Orange Flax
- Coco Banana Cashew
my new favorite 🙂
Yes, steel cut oats take more time to cook than old-fashioned oats, and even more time than quick-cooking oats. But…they are better for you and in my opinion, taste better too! They are a bit chewier than regular oats and when dressed up with spices, nuts, fruit and maple syrup, they make for a perfect winter breakfast!
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in oats, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes or until oats are tender.
- Cranberry Orange Flax Oatmeal:
- Coconut Cashew Banana Oatmeal:
- Top with sliced bananas, cashews, toasted coconut, dash of cinnamon and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
- Would taste great with cacao nibs too 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023