See ya later Betty Crocker!
This has to be the easiest chocolate cake to make…ever!
Even easier than using a box mix! Plus, it comes without the partially hydrogenated oil, artificial flavoring, and propylene glycol (which is also found in brake fluid)! And you don’t even need to dirty a bowl! All the ingredients are mixed together in the baking tin…win!
Oh yeah, it’s vegan too!
Yesterday was Shaye’s birthday. Between working, cleaning, cooking, making forts, playing trains, walking the dog (you get the idea), I needed to come up with a birthday cake without much time to spare.
Enter the easiest chocolate cake recipe ever…
Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a greased 8″ baking tin, add the wet ingredients, stir, bake and voila…you have a rich and moist chocolate cake!
(I got the idea from here)
Follow along with the photos:
After making this cake, I got thinking….
Why don’t I make up a few batches of the dry ingredients and store them in mason jars for a quick fix?
Now, all I need to do is dump, pour and mix…easy peasy 🙂
Until next time 🙂
- For The Cake:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup white all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or high-quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- For the Avocado Frosting:
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract optional
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract use 1+ teaspoon if not using orange extract
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips melted using a double boiler or microwave
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8″ baking tin and add the whole wheat pastry flour, white flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Make 3 “pools.” In one pool add the white vinegar, in the next pool add the vanilla extract and in the last pool add the vegetable oil. Pour 1 cup of water on top and gently stir. (don’t worry about little clumps!)
- Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes. (give or take a few minutes depending on your stove).
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the avocado, orange extract, vanilla extract, almond milk and sea salt to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour in melted chocolate chips and blend until well combined.
- Once the cake is cooled, use a knife to loosen the edges and flip onto a plate.
- Frost and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023