Snack mix, great for an on-the-go bite or a lunch box goodie!
However, not all snack mixes are created equal. Some fall short in flavor while others lack texture. Follow this guideline to create the perfect snack mix!
The Anatomy of the Perfect Snack Mix:
The perfect snack mix is a blend of three components; savory, crunchy and chewy
Making your own snack mix is not only healthier than prepackaged snacks, it is also much more affordable. Buy nuts and dried fruit in bulk for further savings.
Mix & match to make your own special blend!
Step 1: Choose Your Nuts (2 cups total)
Step 2: Pick Your Seasoning & Bake
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss nuts in 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil or oil of your choice. Add seasoning and toss to coat. Pour onto lined baking sheets in a single layer. Bake for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove when lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
3. Choose Your Add-Ins: (2 cups total)
Options Include: Raisins, dried cranberries, rice or corn cereal, toasted coconut flakes, popcorn, dried pineapple, pumpkin seeds, dried blueberries, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, goji berries, wasabi peas, rice crackers, dried cherries, banana chips, dried apricots, pretzels
Mix together your special blend and enjoy!
My mix included almonds, pecans, brown rice cereal squares and raisins…aka The Cinnamon Bun Mix
Warning: This snack mix is highly addicting! Store in single serving packages to avoid overeating!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown rice cereal squares
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss nuts in 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil or oil of your choice and maple syrup.
- Add seasoning and toss to coat. Pour onto lined baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove when lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023