I had a refrigerator full of veggies and needed to use them quick!
So, I chopped, simmered, added fresh herbs, blended in the vitamix and taa-da… a simple and savory sweet potato soup was created!
The creaminess comes from cannellini beans making this soup completely vegan!
- a few glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic minced (or 4 smaller ones)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sweet potato chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary ~1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a few grinds of the pepper mill
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil and onion. Saute until translucent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add stock, water, sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add canellini beans.
- Add to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023