I could eat sushi every day! But, who wants to prepare it? There are so many steps involved…cutting vegetables, preparing rice, rolling and slicing! Instead, dump all the ingredients in a bowl!
A little bit about seaweed…
Seaweed, the wrapping of sushi rolls is a nutritional superstar! It contains all the minerals found in the ocean…the same minerals are found in human blood. How cool is that?!?!
Seaweed is an excellent source of calcium, iodine, sodium, folic acid, magnesium, iron and potassium. Iodine plays an important roll in supporting thyroid function as iodine is needed as a precursor to make thyroid hormones.
Seaweed also contains lignans (a plant compound) that has been shown to block the hormonal receptors of estrogen dependent cancers.
I found toasted seaweed at Trader Joe’s, it’s awesome and I’m totally addicted! It has a slight nutty flavor with a hint of sweetness and made for an awesome topping to the sushi bowls! If you can’t find toasted seaweed you can make it yourself by lightly coating nori sheets with sesame oil, cutting into strips and baking for 15-20 minutes in a 250 degree oven.
- 2 cups short grain brown rice cooked and cooled to room temperature
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1 cucumber julienne sliced
- 2 avocados
- toasted seaweed
- black sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 inch knob of fresh ginger peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup braggs amino acids tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a blender, pulse until well combined and ginger/garlic are minced~
- Place brown rice in the bottom of a bowl.
- Top with cucumbers, carrots, avocado and seaweed.
- Drizzle dressing on top and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023