Here is a simple and healthy quick meal for a hectic week!
Last week we took a stay-cation of sorts. I don’t think you can actually classify it as a relaxing stay-cation, but it sure was exciting! Our house is being built!!! We are building a modular home through Dreamline Homes and it was delivered and snapped into place last week! Something about watching your dream home swing in the air sends your stress level through the roof! The speedy process of modular home building left us with our heads spinning and we needed to take a break from it all, hence the slacking in blog posts!
We’ve been running around making decisions on countertops, lighting, doors, etc…. Needless to say, not much time has been spent cooking! Meals these days are more like hummus and crackers, trail mix, fruit and avocado sandwiches. The occasional mega chocolate chunk cookie and sugar laden iced coffee may have been thrown in the mix as well…whoopsies!
This pasta salad was one of the quick meals whipped together in our hectic week! It didn’t turn out half bad! I have to say, I was mighty pleased with it!
I love the combination of sundried tomatoes, asparagus and portobello mushrooms! It makes for a satisfying summer meal served warm or cold! The crushed red pepper flakes lends a little heat and fresh basil brightens the dish! I added the red pepper flakes after I scooped out a bowl for Noah, he’s not one for spice!
If using sundried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, soak in warm water to plump before adding to the pasta. For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free pasta of your choice.
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice i used gluten free rotini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2½ cups portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup asparagus chopped
- ¾ cup sundried tomatoes jarred in oil drained and sliced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add chopped mushrooms and asparagus and sauté until mushrooms are softened and asparagus is tender crisp. (You may need to add a few drops of water) Stir in sundried tomatoes. Add cooked pasta and season with sea salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes. Enjoy warm or cold 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023