Southwestern Chickpea Avocado Smash Up, a balanced, one-handed meal for moms on the move!
Between bouncing out baby burps and tending to a 3 year old, I’ve had to keep meal time prep simple! We’ve been making a lot of wraps for a few reasons: 1. You can eat them with only one hand 2. Easy to throw together during the few moments of free time 🙂
Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and avocado provides healthy fat making for a nutritious meal without a lot of fuss! You can even eat this “smash up” with rice crackers or on top of a salad for a gluten free option. I added a little cayenne pepper for a southwestern flare, but you can keep it simple with just sea salt and pepper.
Other Smash Up Options:
Mashed Chickpea Salad from The Glowing Fridge
Greek Chickpea Salad Sandwiches from She Likes Food
Chickpea of the Sea from Begin Within Nutrition
- Add chickpeas and avocados to a medium bowl. Mash using a potato masher or the back of a fork. Add lime juice, corn, red onion, cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Scoop onto a whole wheat tortilla and top with fresh sprouts, lettuce, spinach leaves or all three 🙂
- Enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023