Southwestern Chickpea Avocado Smash Up, a balanced, one-handed meal for moms on the move!
Between bouncing out baby burps and tending to a 3 year old, I’ve had to keep meal time prep simple! We’ve been making a lot of wraps for a few reasons: 1. You can eat them with only one hand 2. Easy to throw together during the few moments of free time 🙂
Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein and avocado provides healthy fat making for a nutritious meal without a lot of fuss! You can even eat this “smash up” with rice crackers or on top of a salad for a gluten free option. I added a little cayenne pepper for a southwestern flare, but you can keep it simple with just sea salt and pepper.
Other Smash Up Options:
Mashed Chickpea Salad from The Glowing Fridge
Greek Chickpea Salad Sandwiches from She Likes Food
Chickpea of the Sea from Begin Within Nutrition
- Add chickpeas and avocados to a medium bowl. Mash using a potato masher or the back of a fork. Add lime juice, corn, red onion, cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Scoop onto a whole wheat tortilla and top with fresh sprouts, lettuce, spinach leaves or all three 🙂
- Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023