We had a green kind of day…
Green smoothies for breakfast, Noah said “green” for the first time and this deliciousness for lunch…
If you’re looking for a low-carb, gluten-free, vegan flatbread recipe…this is for you! Not quite like traditional flatbread, but equally yummy in its own right! Crisp on the outside, doughy in the middle and completely kid friendly! Almost a whole head of cauliflower is used as the base of this recipe making it a great way to sneak in veggies!
Topping options are limitless…
pesto and arugula
white bean spread and sun-dried tomatoes
tomato sauce and roasted veggies
- 1 head of cauliflower 3 cups of cauliflower “rice”
- 3/4 cups oat flour coconut flour, almond flour or flour of your choice (if using coconut flour, add more flax eggs and/or olive oil because coconut flour absorbs a ton of liquid! I like using oat flour and made make own by pulsing old-fashioned oats in a food processor until a light flour was formed)
- 3 flax “eggs” 3 tablespoons flax seed meal + 9 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary or herb of your choice such as dried basil oregano or thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together flax seed meal and water in a small bowl, set aside.
- Make “cauliflower rice” by adding cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulsing until rice-like.
- (depending on the size of your food processor you may need to do this step in small batches.)
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 packed cups of cauliflower rice, flax “eggs,” oat flour, salt, olive oil and rosemary.
- Place dough on parchment paper and use hands to flatten to 1/2 inch thick.
- Place in oven and cook for 40-45 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven, add toppings of your choice and enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023