My brother and sister-in-law’s anniversary is today! We are having dinner with them tonight and I wanted to bake a cake to celebrate. I went to turn on the oven and…we were out of propane 🙁 Just another thing to add to the “to do” list!
What’s a girl to do when the oven isn’t working??? Make a raw dessert!
I had cashews soaking with intentions of making vegan tacos with cashew sour cream. Instead, I turned those cashews into a sweet “cream,” made a shortcake crust using almonds and pecans, topped it with fresh strawberries and voila… a picture perfect strawberry shortcake torte!
Don’t let raw “baking” intimidate you! No fancy kitchen equipment is required, all you need is a food processor and pie dish!
- For the crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 8 dates pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Strawberry Topping:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- don’t forget the fresh strawberries and sprig of mint for the top
- Soak cashews in water for up to 24 hours. 1 hour will do if you don’t have much time!
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a sticky paste is formed.
- Firmly and evenly press into a pie dish.
- Place strawberries and raw cane sugar into the food processor and blend. Spread on top of cashew cream layer.
- Layer with fresh, sliced strawberries and garnish with mint.
- Place in refrigerator, serve cold and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023