I guess you can say we have a bit of a brownie addiction in our house!
You can probably include a chocolate addiction somewhere in there too!
Vegan and gluten free…antioxidant rich, fiber filled and super simple to make!
I roasted two medium sized sweet potatoes and let them cool before scooping out the inside. You can also boil peeled and cut sweet potatoes, but I feel that roasting them brings out more of a naturally sweet flavor. If you don’t get a full 2 cups of sweet potatoes, add applesauce to make up the remainder.
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flax meal + 3 tablespoons warm water or 1 egg
- 2 cups sweet potato puree
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao powder or high-quality cocoa powder
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour mix I use Bob’s Red Mill
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the Peanut Butter Sauce:
- ¼ tablespoon creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease a 8×8 baking pan with oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flax seed meal and warm water, set aside for 10 minutes or until a gel is formed.
- In a large bowl combine flax egg, sweet potato puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, milk and vanilla. Use a hand-held mixer and mix until well combined and fluffy.
- In another bowl mix together cacao powder, GF flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool before cutting.
- To make Peanut Butter Sauce:
- In a small saucepan whisk together peanut butter, coconut oil and agave syrup until smooth. Drizzle over cooled brownies 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023