Remember those little nuggets from your childhood??? I recreated them using only the healthiest ingredients! I left out the white starchy potatoes and substituted chickpeas and flax meal making for a super nutritious kid approved meal. Unlike traditional tater tots, these contain a ton of fiber…no constipated kids here!
Also included in this recipe is miso paste and nutritional yeast. If you are unfamiliar with these ingredients don’t be scared off of trying this recipe! Both items can be found at a health food store and are easy to work with! I talk a little about the benefits of miso here 🙂
Nutritional yeast is an inactive yeast, not to be mistaken with brewer’s yeast or baker’s yeast. It is a great vegan/vegetarian source of vitamin B12 and protein. In just 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast there is 9 grams of protein, that’s more protein than in one egg! It also contains fiber making for a happy digestive system! Nutritional yeast has a mild cheesy flavor. It is great dusted over popcorn or added into salad dressings. Give it a whirl!
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas until a paste is formed.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except quinoa) and blend until well mixed.
- Remove “dough” from the food processor and add to a bowl with cooked quinoa, mix well.
- Spoon out a handful of dough and roll into a “log” shape and slice into 1 inch pieces.
- In a heavy frying pan or skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low heat.
- Add pieces of “tater tots” to the skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Serve hot with organic ketchup and enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023