My sweet friend Chelsea and her husband just welcomed another beautiful baby girl into their family! Congrats to the whole clan!
After I had Noah, one of my closest friends sent me “milk maker” cookies. This company is adorable, check out their logo…
These cookies tasted wonderful and were a quick snack; easy to eat with one hand while trying to care for a newborn! They contain flax, brewer’s yeast and oats. These ingredients are claimed to boost milk supply.
While I love the idea of using functional foods to boost milk production unfortunately, I learned in my CLC training that there is not enough scientific proof they actually work 🙁
But I say, who cares! Eat those cookies girls…you deserve them! I can only imagine the amount of calories burned during labor!
What has been proven to improve a mother’s milk supply is consuming adequate calories, which can be hard to do when you’ve got a new baby! Making milk takes a lot of energy, upwards of 500 extra calories per day! Women need to replenish their energy stores as to not become nutritionally depleted.
Breastfeeding Mommies, remember to:
- Consume 3 meals and at least 2 snacks per day
- Balance meals/snacks with fruits, veggies, grains, protein and healthy fats
- Continue taking your prenatal vitamins
- Drink to satisfy thirst
- Rest as much as possible!!! (Easier said than done!)
Oh yeah, and don’t forget to enjoy a cookie…
Here is my recipe for milk maker cookies!
Milk Maker Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, evenly drop cookie dough on lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat & Trim Your Waistline: My Fat Loss Guide (15+ Exercises) - 24 February 2024
- Oat Milk Benefits: 15 IncredibleBenefits From Heart Health to Glowing Skin - 20 February 2024
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Cranberry Juice: The Detox Drink for Accelerated Weight Loss - 17 February 2024