Mexican Street Corn, grilled sweet corn sprinkled with cayenne pepper, drizzled with chipotle spiked sauce and topped with fresh cilantro…it’s one spicy bite!
I recently fell in love with Mexican Street Corn after having it at Joey’s food truck, a killer little spot on the beach that serves up tasty tofu tacos, rice and beans and spicy Mexican street corn. It’s been my family’s Monday night spot the whole summer until now…for some reason our town has something against food trucks and shut it down 🙁 We are all heart broken and jonesing for some street corn! So, this Monday I took matters into my own hands and tried to construct my own Mexican street corn. It’s not quite as good as Joey’s, but it will do for now!
Traditional street corn is served with cotija cheese, a seasonal cheese named after a town in Mexico. To keep this recipe vegan friendly I left the cheese off and used vegan mayonnaise in place of regular mayonnaise for the chipotle sauce. Beware, this sauce is hot, hot, hot…so go lightly if you’re not ready for the heat!
- Place on a hot grill and rotate a quarter of a turn ever 2-3 minutes until corn is tender and has light grill marks, around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place mayo, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and lime juice in a food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Drizzle hot corn with chipotle mayo and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023