I’m trying to get this recipe to you in between taking care of a sick husband and a stir-crazy toddler…envious of me right now???
Didn’t think so!
Ok, here it is! My new “go-to” stew!!!
It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it’s a really easy recipe to throw together…literally, just throw it together! Feel free to modify, if you don’t have shallots, use an onion. If you don’t have quinoa, try brown rice. If you don’t have almond butter, use peanut butter. No coconut oil? Use olive oil! I’m pretty sure this recipe is fool-proof!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- large handful fresh cilantro
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
- sea salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, garlic, celery, carrot, ginger and saute until fragrant.
- Next, add broth, water, sweet potato, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, curry powder, quinoa, almond butter and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are soft and quinoa is cooked.
- Add black beans and spinach, cook until spinach is wilted.
- If needed, add more water. Season with sea salt and pepper as needed
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023