Have you heard of Meatless Monday? It was started in 2003 by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. It is a movement aimed to get people to reduce their consumption of saturated fat by eating less animal products, which will benefit our health and the health of our environment. Many have promoted it such as Paul McCartney and Martha Stewart. Taking the pledge to eat only vegetarian meals on Monday is a great way to increase your vegetable intake and reduce your risk of disease.
This dish can be served on with a fried egg or on top of quinoa for a vegan option. Try it out for your meatless Monday meal!
- In a large skillet, heat a few gluggs of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and garlic, saute until translucent.
- Add Brussels sprouts, carrots and mushrooms. Saute until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Season with lemon juice, sea salt and pepper. (I heavily seasoned with cracked black pepper.)
- Serve warm with a fried egg or over quinoa, enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023