Kale Cubes, making good use of your greens!
This month’s Recipe Redux asked us for our favorite way to make use of the veggies found in the garden, CSA or local farmers’ market….my contribution is Kale Cubes!
By this time of year it may be difficult to keep up with eating the amount of greens your garden is pumping out. Kale Cubes are the perfect solution! Blend excess garden greens such as kale, spinach or collards, freeze and use for green smoothies on the fly! This is also a great way to use up any store-bought greens before they go bad!
I blended these kale cubes with coconut water because I wanted them for smoothies. But, you can also blend greens with plain water or broth to have on hand for soups, stews or pasta sauce!
The final product!
- 3 tightly packed cups of kale
- ½ cup coconut water
- Blend, pour into an ice cube tray and freeze 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023