A rustic meal made in under an hour! Kale and potato soup!
Between a family trip to Disney World and preparing for our big move, things have been a bit crazy! Meals are simple these days, mostly soups, salads and sandwiches. Kitchen sink soups are great to make when trying to empty out the refrigerator and shelves! I’ve also been utilizing summer kale that was frozen for this very purpose!
When we move into our new house I am getting my very own pantry! I honestly could care less what the rest of the house looks like as long as I have a big kitchen and pantry!
Having a well stocked pantry is so important! Remember: when you have healthy food in the house, you will eat healthy food! Many pantry items can be thrown together to create a simple and healthy meal in a limited amount of time! Stock up on these when on sale!
Here is a list of a few of my pantry favorites:
- dried beans and lentils
- brown and basmati rice
- whole wheat, gluten free or brown rice pasta
- braggs amino acids or tamari
- red wine and rice vinegar
- dijon mustard
- organic diced tomatoes and tomato sauce
- capers and olives
- old fashioned oats
- dried fruit (organic raisins and cranberries)
Kale and Potato Soup
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion until lightly golden. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, potatoes, beans and thyme and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add kale and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat & Trim Your Waistline: My Fat Loss Guide (15+ Exercises) - 24 February 2024
- Oat Milk Benefits: 15 IncredibleBenefits From Heart Health to Glowing Skin - 20 February 2024
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Cranberry Juice: The Detox Drink for Accelerated Weight Loss - 17 February 2024