Disclaimer: I received this product for free to review. However, all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
There is nothing like waking up to a warm bowl of Hot Chocolate Steel Cut Oatmeal topped with a little BarkTHINS to get you out of bed. Literally, these oats are cooked in the crock pot overnight while you sleep! I can’t even begin to tell you what a treat it was to have chocolatey oats ready and waiting for me after sleeping a combined total of 3 hours thanks to the kids waking me up all night long…it’s the little things that keep me going!
Talking about the little things that keep me going…chocolate! Better yet, BarkTHINS snacking chocolate! I was asked by the folks over at BarkTHINS to test out their chocolate. Who wouldn’t say yes to that offer?!?! The whole family gladly sampled the almond and sea salt, pretzel, pumpkin seed and coconut almond varieties. All were winners here however, I loved the coconut almond best! BarkTHINS are made with Fair Trade Certified chocolate and non-GMO ingredients. Also, all products are made with dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate for the extra dose of antioxidants!
Make sure to enter the BarkTHINS giveaway below!!!
Now, on to the oatmeal!
Steel cut oats, almond milk, cacao powder, cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt all dumped into the crock pot and turned on low. Simple enough, right? This would make an excellent Christmas morning breakfast! I know in our house we will be up before the sun and running non-stop all day! Having breakfast made the night before is the perfect solution!
Note: While BarkTHINS are not made with animal products, they are not considered vegan due to the processing of the sugar used.
A Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1.4 BarkTHINS crumbles for the top
- Spray inside of crock pot with all natural cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, cacao powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Add to crock pot.
- Stir in almond milk, water, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Top with crumbled BarkTHINS chocolate and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023