This is not your average butternut squash recipe!
My mom went to a farm in Connecticut last week and brought us back loads of butternut squash. I wanted to try something a little different then the normal “fall” flavors so, I added cumin, lime and sesame seeds.
We don’t eat much dairy in our house so, I always try to sneak calcium rich ingredients into our meals. Sesame seeds are such a great source of calcium, 88 mg in only 1 tablespoon! They have such a mild flavor and can be added to almost anything…smoothies, raw dough balls, baked goods, salads, you name it! For a little calcium boost, I always sprinkle sesame seeds onto Noah’s meals (he has no idea!).
- Toss butternut squash in a drizzle of olive oil, place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, butternut squash, red cabbage, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile, whisk together dressing ingredients, pour over salad and mix until well combined.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023