Having friends over for dinner and need a quick and easy dessert recipe? Look no further!
This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake.
I like to keep a bag of frozen fruit in the freezer for this very reason, to whip up a dessert in no time flat! Whether you make a crumble topping out of oats, flakes or cookies, you can’t go wrong with a warm fruit crisp!
Inspiration for this recipe came from my trusty old Moosewood Restaurant Cookbook. I added a few ingredients to the original recipe to spice it up a little.
Crushed gingersnap cookies create the crumble topping. Newman’s Own makes a tasty vegan gingersnap and Mi-Del makes a great gluten free gingersnap. I haven’t run across a brand that makes a vegan and gluten free gingersnap…have you? Please share if you have! I suppose you can make your own, but that would take “quick” and “easy” out of the equation!
Ginger Peach Coconut Crisp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil or coconut oil cooking spray and evenly distribute peaches in the bottom.
- Drizzle lemon juice and melted coconut oil over peaches.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Top with crumbled gingersnaps and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
- Serve warm, top with ice cream of your choice and enjoy 🙂
- Benefits of Turmeric for Skin: Game-Changing Benefits for Your Skincare – Act NOW! - 27 February 2024
- Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat & Trim Your Waistline: My Fat Loss Guide (15+ Exercises) - 24 February 2024
- Oat Milk Benefits: 15 IncredibleBenefits From Heart Health to Glowing Skin - 20 February 2024