By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co. LLC, and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I received coupons for free product used in testing this recipe. I was not compensated for my time.
It’s game day party season! Which can also bring about unhealthy appetizers and a whole lot of diet disasters! Make Sabra a part of your tailgating menu to sneak in a serving of beans in this Garlicky Greens Dip! Instead of chips or bread, I served lemon roasted cauliflower on skewers!
Sabra is the official Dips sponsor of the NFL. Together we are bringing you healthy ways to enjoy game day! You all know I love beans and all the health benefits that come along with them! Two heaping spoonfuls of hummus a day will fulfill your bean recommendation for the week! Hummus, which is made with chickpeas provide protein, fiber, iron and B vitamins. This winning combo can help you maintain a healthy weight, lower your risk of heart disease and control glucose levels. Not to mention, hummus also contains tahini, which provides healthy monounsaturated fat for sustained energy and improved cardiovascular health.
This dip would also make a great spread on a roasted veggie sandwich or hummus pizza!
- For Garlicky Greens Dip:
- 1 10 oz. container of Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup pine nuts roasted
- 2 tablespoons currants
- For Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- sea salt and pepper
- To Make Garlicky Greens Dip:
- Add hummus, garlic clove, parsley leaves, lemon juice and water to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with roasted pine nuts and currants.
- To Make Roasted Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add cauliflower florets to a bowl and toss with crushed garlic, EVOO and lemon juice. Transfer to a baking sheet and add desired amount of sea salt and pepper. Roast for 15-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve dip along with roasted cauliflower and enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023