Dark Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Bars, a healthy blend for a sweet and tart on-the-go treat!
This month’s Recipe Redux asked us to pick a pantry item and revamp it into something amazing, I picked pistachios. I had a lonely bag of unsalted pistachios kicking around in the back of my pantry since Christmas because let’s face it, who likes snacking on unsalted pistachios?!? I bought them by accident, oops!
Here’s my chance to finally use them and stop feeling guilty every time I open the pantry door!
The brown rice syrup is just that…very sticky syrup, you will get a workout in trying to mix the bowl! However, its stickiness is perfect for holding these bars together, similar to the rice crispy treats I made at Easter.
The health benefits of pistachios are many!
Here’s the breakdown:
- Over 50% of the fat they contain are the heart healthy kind, monounsaturated fat
- High in fiber and protein
- A good source of B vitamins
- High in minerals such as copper, magnesium and selenium
For an on-the-go snack, individually wrap in parchment paper and store in the refrigerator 🙂
- Blend pitted dates in a food processor until a paste is formed (if dates are really dry soak in warm water for 10 minutes before blending), transfer to a bowl.
- Transfer to an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Evenly spread and press down firmly using the back of a large spoon. Place in refrigerator to chill. Once chilled, cut into 16 squares using a large sharp knife.
- Optional step: Melt ¼ mini dark chocolate chips in a double boiler. Drizzle over cut bars and let chocolate set.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023