Sweet Potatoes are a budget friendly way to get your daily dose of goodness! They come packed with an abundance of potassium, beta-carotene, vitamin E and C.
Potassium helps regulate blood pressure by ridding the body of excess sodium and regulating the heartbeat. It is also an electrolyte, which maintains fluid balance in the body.
Beta-Carotene is a powerful antioxidant that protects and repairs cells. It is great for vision health and may prevent macular degeneration.
The vitamin E and C are responsible for the sweet potato’s title of “beauty food” making for glowing skin and vibrant hair.
We’ve been really enjoying this version of sweet potato hummus! Hummus is a great addition to a meal secondary to its high protein and fiber content. It’s a nice alternative to plain hummus!
- Place in a 375 oven for 45-60 minutes (or until tender).
- When cooled, blend sweet potatoes in a food processor adding a tablespoon of water at a time until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add chickpeas, curry powder, lemon juice, tahini, sesame oil and sea salt. Blend until smooth, slowly adding water as needed.
- Great for dipping with vegetable sticks or try making collard wraps 🙂
- De-stem a large collard leaf, place a couple tablespoons of hummus in the center, add sliced veggies such cucumbers, peppers and carrots. Roll like a tortilla wrap and Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023