After a weekend full of Halloween festivities we were ready for a lazy Sunday.
Pizza, Patriots, Red Sox, a fire burning and these….
Warm out of the oven they were gooey and delicious!
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut cane sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. (I use a coconut oil cooking spray)
- To make oat flour: add oatmeal to a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes or until a fluffy flour is formed.
- Comine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, oil and applesauce. Slowly add oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips reserving a few tablespoons for the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- (I would check around 20 minutes. My oven must be off because I let mine cook for every minute of 30 minutes and they were still pretty doughy…not complaining though because they tasted wonderful!)
- Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy 🙂
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 3182IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Latest posts by Cristina Cavanaugh RD LDN (see all)
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023