Better than a Mounds Bar…no joke.
And, with out all the unhealthy ingredients!
Mounds Bar Ingredients:
CORN SYRUP; SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE ( CHOCOLATE; SUGAR; COCOA; MILK FAT; COCOA BUTTER; SOY LECITHIN; PGPR, EMULSIFIER) ; COCONUT; SUGAR; SALT; NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR; HYDROLYZED MILK PROTEIN; SODIU M METABISULFITE, TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS; SULFUR DIOXIDE, TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS; CARAMEL COLOR; MILK
Sodium Metabisulfite…What is that?
If you take away only one bit of information from this blog, remember this:
If you can’t pronounce it or don’t know what it is…Don’t eat it!
So, here is a recipe for a much healthier and whole-food version of a Mounds Bar!
No Sodium Metabisulfite found here!
I was inspired from a recipe found here.
Tip of the Day: Often times shredded coconut is preserved using propylene glycol, an ingredient found in antifreeze! Read labels carefully! Bob’s Red Mill brand is easy to find and has only one ingredient: natural unsulfured coconut.
- Add coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Drop a tablespoon of coconut mixture into each cup of a mini-muffin tin and press down firmly.
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler, stir constantly. When melted, pour a layer of chocolate onto each cup. Garnish with goji berries.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Use a knife to “pop” cups out of muffin tin and enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023