You can thank me later for these little gems…
Coffee + chocolate + banana bread = a match made in heaven
Seriously, talk about taking banana bread up a notch!!!
On a recent 6am trip to the grocery store (yes, 6 am…toddler issues, don’t ask!) I walked past the “discount” bin and found 12 perfectly ripe bananas for only $0.62! I guess the early bird gets the worm! This super saver buy got my mind going.
Here was my train of thought:
It’s 6 am, I’m tired and need coffee, cheap bananas, banana bread, chocolate (I always think of chocolate!)…Bingo!…chocolate coffee banana bread!
This vegan chocolate banana muffins are super easy to make too…
- 4 bananas ripe
- ⅔ cup coconut oil soft or liquid form
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup flour I used 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour and ½ cup white flour or 1 cup coconut flour as gluten free alternative
- ½ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee grinds
- 3 tablespoons vegan mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin tin with cups or use paper baking cups.
- Using a high-speed blender, blend together bananas, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla until smooth (you can also mash bananas with a fork or use a hand-held blender).
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Stir in instant coffee grinds.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet and dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into muffin cups, top with mini-chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023
- Buckwheat Superfood: Why the Pseudo-Cereal is so Incredibly Healthy - 22 November 2023