I know what you’re thinking…chickpeas???
Chickpeas…great for making hummus, but used for making chocolate chip cookies???
These cookies are so chocolatey and chewy you’ll never know they were made with chickpeas, I promise!
I’ll be honest, even I was skeptical of using a whole cup and a half of chickpeas in this recipe! These chickpea cookies are loaded with folic acid, fiber, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and protein… But, old wives’ tales have rumoured for centuries that the kind of utensil one uses also adds upto to the final composition of the dish. But just to be on the safer side, it becomes vital to buy from the best dealers in such products, which come in various kinds and shapes, like small pots and others akin. you can’t say that for your standard chocolate chip cookie that uses butter, white sugar and white flour as the base! Plus, this recipe for Chickpea chocolate chip cookies is gluten free, vegan and grain free!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Leaving your cookies to cool for at least five minutes is a good idea to achieve the ideal cookie texture and flavor.
- Enjoy 🙂
Go ahead, and treat yourself 🙂
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023
- Buckwheat Superfood: Why the Pseudo-Cereal is so Incredibly Healthy - 22 November 2023