Make a meal out of a sweet potato!
Once a week I bake sweet potatoes to have on hand for a quick meal. They can be eaten as breakfast (pictured above!) or topped with beans and veggies for a complete dinner (as seen here!). You can even use them to make brownies (once again, as seen here!). Sweet potatoes are so versatile and healthy, they go down in my book of superfoods!
Superfood Sweet Potatoes:
- Great source of vitamin C
- Provides a healthy dose of fiber
- Provide B vitamins, manganese, biotin and copper
- High in antioxidants, especially carotenes
- May help stabilize glucose levels in the body
- Provide complex carbohydrates
- To bake sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pierce washed sweet potatoes with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until tender.
- For breakfast sweet potatoes:
- Slice baked sweet potato in half. Top each one with ¼ cup granola, 1 tablespoon of almond butter and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. Add a dash of cinnamon and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023