I know it’s almost the end of the month and I’m a little late to the game, but July is National Blueberry Month!!!
To celebrate the month of the antioxidant rich blueberry, I bring you a vegan and gluten-free blueberry buckle that won’t make you want to loosen your belt buckle!
Made with coconut oil, gluten free flour and loads of blueberries of course! Slightly sweetened with maple syrup and topped with an oat crumble, this blueberry buckle would pair great with a cup of coffee on a hot July morning!
The only Healthy Blueberry Buckle Recipe is also Gluten-Free
As a mom and a food enthusiast, I’m always on the hunt for healthy recipes that are not only delicious but also healthy and easy to prepare. Today, I’m thrilled to share with you a recipe that checks all these boxes – the Vegan Gluten-Free Blueberry Buckle.
This delightful dessert is a summer favorite in our household. Bursting with the sweet and tangy flavor of fresh blueberries and topped with a crumbly, cinnamon-spiced streusel, this vegan blueberry buckle gluten free recipe is a treat that everyone in the family will love. It’s perfect for those lazy Sunday brunches, afternoon tea times, or even as a sweet ending to a hearty meal.
The best part? This recipe is 100% vegan, making it a guilt-free indulgence for those who are conscious about their diet. But don’t worry, even if you’re not following a vegan lifestyle, I guarantee that this blueberry buckle will win you over with its irresistible charm.
- For the Oat Crumble Topping:
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- For the Blueberry Buckle:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9 inch cake pan with oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl; mix together oats, sugar and cinnamon. Add coconut oil and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl; sift together gluten-free flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl; whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in blueberries. (note: cake batter is thick, similar to cookie dough. You may need to use hands to fold in blueberries, don't be shy!)
- Transfer batter to greased cake pan, add crumble topping and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023