BBQ Tempeh and Coleslaw Sandwiches…quick, easy, and most importantly, flavorful!
Baked tempeh dripping with sweet and spicy BBQ sauce served on a whole wheat bun and topped with crispy coleslaw! Or as my husband described it…the vegan version of the McRib!
I’m officially past my due date and am using my gold pass to get out of cooking dinner for the rest of the week! I have zero motivation to prepare food or even eat…which is NOT like me at all! We will be living off of PB&J’s for the rest of the week and that is totally fine by me, but for the sake of the rest of the family this little baby better get here fast!
However, here is a meal that can be thrown together in no time flat and takes little effort or skill. Anyone can make it! Slather tempeh with BBQ sauce of your choice and bake…done and done! Make sure to buy an organic BBQ sauce without high fructose corn syrup and preservatives! You can even dice up the BBQ tempeh and serve over a chopped salad for a low-carb option!
Inspired by this PETA recipe.
BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a shallow dish arrange tempeh slices. Cover with BBQ sauce, toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes covered, then another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Meanwhile, add chopped cabbage/carrots, diced red onion, apple cider vinegar, sugar and vegenaise to a bowl. Stir until well combined. Season with sea salt and pepper. Let marinate in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Assemble sandwiches with tempeh and a scoop of slaw and enjoy 🙂
- Oat Milk Benefits: 15 IncredibleBenefits From Heart Health to Glowing Skin - 20 February 2024
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Cranberry Juice: The Detox Drink for Accelerated Weight Loss - 17 February 2024
- How to Get Prescribed Adderall Online in 2024 - 16 February 2024