coconut curry soup
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons bragg's amino acids, tamari or soy sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 cup of carrots, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 8-10 fresh baby corn
- ½ package (~7 oz.) extra firm tofu, cubed
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add curry paste, brown sugar, ground ginger and Bragg's Amino Acids and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in coconut milk. Add broth and lime juice. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots, green beans and baby corn and cook until tender crisp. Add tofu before serving and top with fresh cilantro. Serve with short-grain brown rice if desired.
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/09/15/coconut-curry-soup/