double chocolate banana bread
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (ground into a flour)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder or high quality cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed), 1 heaping cup
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup soy or almond milk
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips plus ¼ cup for topping (I like using Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x4 baking pan with natural cooking spray and set aside.
- Place old-fashioned oats in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until a flour is formed.
- In a large bowl add oat flour, whole wheat pastry flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add mashed bananas, maple syrup, apple sauce, milk and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and lightly stir together until just mixed. Don't over mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips and transfer batter to baking pan. Top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are pulling away from side of pan.
- Let bread cool, slice and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 157 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 29 Sugar: 15 Fiber: 3 Protein: 3
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/09/11/double-chocolate-banana-bread/