Curry Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
Recipe type: Main
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (~1.5 cups)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- sea salt to taste
- 6 small soft tortillas
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cumin,
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, wash and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Add paprika, curry powder and cumin, sauté until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, toss to coat and sauté 3-5 minutes. Add water and scrape burnt pieces off bottom of skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add chickpeas, fresh cilantro and sauté until chickpeas are warmed and cauliflower is tender crisp. Season with sea salt as desired.
- Whisk all ingredients together or pulse in a blender until well combined and frothy.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 371 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 42 Sugar: 6 Fiber: 7 Protein: 12
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/08/25/curry-cauliflower-and-chickpea-tacos/