fiesta quinoa lettuce boats
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup corn (frozen, fresh or canned)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce
- Bring water to a boil, add quinoa, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until all water is absorbed and l quinoa is soft and fluffy. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Once quinoa is cooled, add all ingredients except avocado and romaine lettuce, stir until well combined. Adjust flavors as needed. Refrigerate to let flavors marinate.
- To assemble boats, add a scoop of quinoa to the center of a romaine lettuce leaf and top with sliced avocado. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 boat Calories: 220 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 28 Sugar: 5 Fiber: 6 Protein: 7
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/04/27/fiesta-quinoa-lettuce-boats/