raspberry jam thumbprint cookies
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Raspberry jam
- Coconut Oil Icing:
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- drop of soy milk for thinning
- Preheat oven to 350, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add mashed bananas, oats, cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of sea salt. Stir until well combined.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop cookie dough out onto parchment paper. Make a little well in the middle of the cookie using the back of the teaspoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and add a small dollop of raspberry jam in the middle of the cookie. Bake for another 3-5 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make icing:
- Whisk together powdered sugar and melted coconut oil. Add ½ teaspoon at a time of soy milk until desired consistency is achieved. Pipe icing onto cookies.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 80 Fat: 3 Sugar: 8 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/04/15/raspberry-jam-thumbprint-cookies/