mini zucchini muffins with pineapple glaze
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1¾ cup all-purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (just under 1 cup)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- For Pineapple Glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- drop vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil or spray a mini-muffin pan, set aside.
- Sift GF flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together mashed bananas, zucchini, coconut sugar, crushed pineapple, milk and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in raisins.
- Fill mini-muffin tins ¾ full and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- To make glaze:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl or blender. (I pulsed the crushed pineapple in my blender to break down pineapple bits)
- Glaze cooled muffins and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container
Serving size: 1 Calories: 65 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 15 Sugar: 10 Fiber: 1
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/04/03/mini-zucchini-muffins-with-pineapple-glaze/