roasted spiced carrots with golden raisins and almonds
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until carrots are tender crisp.
- Serve alone or on top of fresh arugula and cooked quinoa, enjoy!
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/04/01/roasted-spiced-carrots-with-golden-raisins-and-almonds/