veggie spring rolls with peanut sauce
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienne sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienne sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 stalks asparagus, cut in half and lightly steamed and cooled
- 12 spring roll wraps
- For the Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup chunky or creamy all-nautral peanut butter
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Amino Acids or Tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili oil
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Have all prepared ingredients lined out in front of you.
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm water.
- Dip spring roll wraps in warm water until they become pliable, transfer to a clean plate or cutting board.
- Arrange small amounts of prepared ingredients in the center of the spring roll wrap. Fold in edges and gently roll up.
- To make the Peanut Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Dip and enjoy!
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/03/20/mango-and-veggie-spring-rolls-with-peanut-sauce/