baked kale falafel
Recipe type: Main
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients (except olive oil) to a food processor and pulse, occasionally scraping down the sides. Adjust seasoning as needed. Pulse until a crumbly consistency is achieved.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop falafel mix and roll into a ball and place on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until slightly golden and crisp.
Serving size: 1 ball Calories: 63 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 1 Protein: 2
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/03/18/baked-kale-falafel/