green goddess balance bowl
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 packed cup kale, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- For the Hempseed Pesto Dressing:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add quinoa, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until all liquid has been absorbed, around 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Drizzle brussel sprouts with olive oil and add a pinch of sea salt. Roast on 400 until slightly browned and crisp.
- Add chopped kale to a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of sea salt. Massage until kale is coated with olive oil.
- To make Hempseed Pesto Dressing:
- Add basil, hemp seeds and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend while slowly adding olive oil, scraping down sides as needed. Flavor with sea salt and pepper.
- Arrange bowls with quinoa, brussels sprouts, kale, avocado, walnuts and drizzle with desired amount of pesto dressing.
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/03/09/green-goddess-balance-bowl/