superfood hot chocolate
Recipe type: Drinks
- 2 cups of milk of your choice (hemp, soy, almond, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder if you don't have cacao!)
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust according to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- Warm all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally.
- Transfer to a blender and pulse until frothy. (optional step)
- Top with coconut, soy or rice whip for fun!
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/03/06/superfood-hot-chocolate/