winter guacamole with butternut squash and pistachios
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil and dash of cinnamon
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Toss butternut squash in olive oil. Lay on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon. Roast on 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a medium bowl, mash avocados and add red onion, lime juice, cilantro, maple syrup,cumin, sea salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Top guacamole with roasted butternut squash and chopped pistachios. Serve with chips or veggies such as sliced cucumbers and carrot sticks. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 212 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 14 Sugar: 2 Fiber: 8 Protein: 2
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/02/26/winter-guacamole-butternut-squash-pistachios/