chocolate peanut butter cream pie ~vegan~
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pound block of silken tofu (organic, Non-GMO, such as Nasoya)
- ⅔ cup all natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life), melted
- 1 cookie pie crust, homemade or pre-made (see recipes below!)
- For the chocolate drizzle:
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add tofu, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla to a food processor. Blend until whipped and creamy.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Add melted chocolate to food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until chilled.
- For chocolate drizzle sauce:
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave.
- Serve pie with chocolate drizzle (optional, but well recommended!)
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2015/01/16/chocolate-peanut-butter-cream-pie-vegan/