split pea soup
Author: Begin Within Nutrition
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 16 oz bag of dried split peas
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1-1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2014/11/25/split-pea-soup/