Kid-Friendly Quinoa with Ginger Sesame Dressing
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 1 cup sliced cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Ginger Sesame Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons bragg's amino acids
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- ½ - 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, lower heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked. Transfer cooked quinoa to a baking sheet and let cool.
- When cooled, mix together in a large bowl with cucumber, carrots, edamame, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile, place all dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined. Pour on top of quinoa mixture and stir well.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2014/04/30/top-10-tips-picky-eaters-kid-friendly-quinoa-recipe-vegan-gluten-free/