spring pea soup with lemon and dill
Recipe type: Main
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped, white parts only
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- ½ cup aborio rice or brown rice
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4-5 large kale leaves, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add leek and sauté for a few minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and carrots, saute for another few minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Mix in rice. Stir to coat rice with oil.
- Add broth, kale and beans. Bring to a soft boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Partially cover and cook until rice is tender.
- Stir in dill, lemon juice and peas. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2014/04/09/spring-pea-soup-lemon-dill/