chickpea chocolate chip cookies ~vegan, gluten free~
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegan mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serving size: 22 Calories: 95 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 11 Sugar: 5.5 Protein: 3
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2014/04/07/chickpea-chocolate-chip-cookies-vegan-gluten-free/