lemony cabbage and pasta ~vegan, gf~
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound pasta (I used gluten free pasta)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼-1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds, walnuts or pine nuts
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, around 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sauté until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice, sea salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat down to low, continue to cook until cabbage is lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta of your choice according to package.
- When pasta is ready, reserve ¼ cup of pasta water. Drain and add pasta to a large dish, mix with cooked cabbage. Add ⅛-1/4 cup pasta water if needed for moisture.
- Top with chopped parsley, roasted nuts or seeds of your choice and sea salt and pepper as needed.
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2014/03/31/lemony-cabbage-pasta-vegan-gf/