black bean and beet burgers
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 beets, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add cooked black beans into a food processor, pulse a few times until beans are chopped and a paste is formed (you can also mash with a fork). Remove from food processor and add to a large bowl.
- Next, add beets to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Remove from food processor and add to bowl with bean mixture.
- Add oat flour, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, paprika, cumin, sea salt and pepper to mixture. Stir until well combined.
- You should be able to handle mixture and form into patties. If mixture is too runny, add a tablespoon at a time of oat flour until desired texture is reached.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop, use hands to form into patties.
- Place on parchment paper and cook for 25-30 minutes or until edges are crispy.
Recipe by BeginWithin Nutrition at http://www.beginwithinnutrition.com/2014/03/24/black-bean-beet-burgers/