This smoothie is pretty darn good, but ‘m pretty sure anything would taste amazing with whipped coconut cream on top!
Peaches…not in season right now, but when they are…stock up and freeze them for later use!
Peaches are loaded with carotenes, flavonoids, lycopene and lutein, which are beneficial in warding off macular degeneration, cancer and heart disease. They are on the EWG dirty dozen list, so buy organic when possible!
Hemp seeds are added for a healthy dose of omega 3 fatty acids, iron, fiber and calcium…they also lend a slightly nutty flavor!
To make coconut whipped cream, use whole fat coconut milk from a can. I like using the organic/non-GMO brand Native Forest, which I buy from www.vitacost.com.
It’s essential that you use whole coconut milk and not low-fat coconut milk! Place the can in the refrigerator for a few hours or over night…the longer it is refrigerated the better! Open the can and scoop out the “cream” and reserve the coconut liquid for another use such as smoothies! Place the cream in a medium sized bowl, add a few tablespoons of sweetener such as maple syrup or agave syrup and a drop of pure vanilla extract if desired. Using a hand-held mixer, whip until fluffy and peaks form.
Try not to eat the whole bowl!
Use for a decadent topping to desserts, fruit salad or “milk” shakes!
- 1 cup of soy, almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can organic whole fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave syrup (depending on how sweet you like it!)
- drop of pure vanilla extract
- Smoothie: Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until frothy. Top with coconut whipped cream, coconut flakes and sliced fruit as desired.
- Coconut Whipped Cream: Place can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for a few hours or over night...the longer it is refrigerated the better! Open the can and scoop out the "cream" and reserve the coconut liquid for another use such as smoothies! Place the cream in a medium sized bowl, add a tablespoon of sweetener such as maple syrup or agave syrup and a drop of pure vanilla extract if desired. Using a hand-held mixer, whip until fluffy and peaks form.
It’s toddler approved…
Happy Spring Weekend
I have been anxiously awaiting peach season. I love them in salads, grilled, and just straight off the pit! I am definitely going to add this shake to my list. Looks delish!
Thank you! Peach season can’t come soon enough
Yum! This sounds so amazing, and your photos are just lovely. Your little man is loving it, so cute!
Thank you Sophia!!! He loves the coconut whipped cream, even eats it with a spoon! Thanks for stopping by